Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lazy Sunday in Deming, NM

As an early morning riser I wait with pleasant anticipation for the sun to rise, wondering what colors I may see that day. My computer is positioned at the "street side" of our rig (the other side being the "curb side") so if I turn my head to the left I have a panaramic view of the desert and some of the Florida Mountains to our east. A quick glance to check for clouds is all it takes to know whether I'll be treated this morning to a gaudy splash of oil color, a delicate water color of pastels or simply a wash of peach along the horizon. Each day is a new canvas and the quiet pleasure of watching the sun paint its way up from the horizon never gets stale.

Tomorrow we head into Texas and for the next two days we'll simply be stopping overnight and then moving on to reach the Gulf coast by Wednesday. I doubt that we'll bother to set up the DW dish so I won't be online for a couple of days. See you then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...