Sunday, June 06, 2010

I Looked at Clouds From Both Sides Now

Last night we finally had some good color in the sunset, so today you get clouds.

I've never seen true lenticular clouds, but I thought these looked similar to some.

For some reason, golden clouds make me think of paintings in the Sistine Chapel.

Windswept clouds.

Ever changing shapes.

There's peace in the valley.

The colors in this shot remind me of a Maxfield Parrish print.  Since Parrish was my mother's favorite artists--this one's for you, Mom!
By the way--you're singing that song now, aren't you?

3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Damn impressive Mrs. Photog. Boy those are beautiful - the windswept one is my favorite - but they are all so pretty. The colors are amazing.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

the bright illusions I recall.....dam Linda....I really don't...how did you know?
Great cloud photos, great song selection for me for possibly foreva.
vert word: vabine. Our clouds here are non existant until today and the vabine really purdy.

Anonymous said...

"Rows and flows of angel hair,
And ice cream castles in the air,"

Great minds must think alike cause this song often plays in the back of my mind when experiencing a beautiful sky.

Simply beautiful photos Linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...