Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Christmas Present to Ourselves

This is the interior of The Beast. It's wet, cold and muddy outside so pictures of the exterior will have to wait.

Patches waiting to be taken out for a walk. The mirrored doors hide the controls for the lights and slides as well as a couple of coat hooks.
The dining/living room area.

Our TV watching spot.

A too dark photo of the desk area. I still have to work at connecting AV cables for the TV satellite sound and hook up the Wii.

The kitchen with the appliance garage/cabinet that went through five different proposed configurations before I finally caved in and met the manufacturer half way. But still not happy.

Water in the door refrigerator--if they could have made it with an ice dispenser Denny and I would have been in seventh heaven as we're ice water fiends.

The hallway houses a huge closet/cupboard area. I'm getting my exercise going up and down the steps to get food items for meal preparations.

The bathroom, obviously.

The hoity-toity glass vanity bowl.

The fixtures in the shower match the sink; brushed nickle, very modern.

Yep, it's a bedroom. I've already removed the original stiff-as-cardboard and poorly fitted bedspread and bought a new comforter. More warmth, more eye appeal. This is another area I fought over; our decor package is called Indigo. Do you see any Indigo in this room? Yeah, me either. Seems the manufacturer now makes every bedroom chocolate no matter what color package of the four offered that you choose. WTF?

Behind the louvered doors is hidden the stacking washer and dryer.

Glass paneled door to the hallway. The other door leads into the bathroom.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Although it doesn't have your indigo - Pooldad and I are in awe.

This is jaw-droppingly [word?] beautiful. I hope you love it - it is so gorgeous.

Very nice Christmas present I'll say.

Merry Christmas! Love ya! Safe travels girl.

Anonymous said...

Hey Denny and Linda,
So sorry to hear that things weren't as you expected. Usually the changes are a good thing but I guess not this time. I hope that with time things get better. I think your new rig looks great. I am envious you know. Good luck and be safe,
Mark Comer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...