Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quiet Time

I've been AWOL again. For the past two weeks we've simply sat here under the pecan trees,listening to the sounds of the woodpeckers and the owls.

Patches and I walk along the riverbank, she looking for ground squirrels and gophers, me looking for fish other than the carp that abounds here.Occasionally I'm able to drag Denny out of the trailer, once to play miniature golf here on the grounds of the campground...
and sometimes to make the one mile loop around the dirt road where haughty hawks look down upon us...

or naughty deer let us know what they think of us wandering around in their territory. (You'll have to click the picture and look closely to see what I'm talking about) Being so far from a big town is nice for the peace and quiet, but not so good for sightseeing. The cost of diesel fuel makes us think twice about driving 120 miles for a 45 minute tour of a beer brewery and a free beer. Instead I pour us a nice cool adult beverage and we sit in the shade of our trailer watching the cardinals, wrens and squirrels chasing each other in a springtime mating ritual that often makes us laugh.Sometimes the best way to travel is to stay "home".

4 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love the shot of the deer and his naughty tongue. The countryside looks lovely. Sounds like heaven to me. All we have done on Joe's vacation is to move "shit" from one place to another to give our grand GK a room of her own. The way she is acting, I'm not real sure it's worth it but she is having a bit of a snit...I'll post about that soon.
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment on Celebrate Oz. I appreciate that. The other Linda

Arkansas Patti said...

Just loved the picture of the "naughty" deer. Guess she was telling you how she felt about picture taking.
I bet the gas prices have put a dent into your day trips. Might need to get some bicycles. That is what my brother who is RV'ing does.

SkippyMom said...

Yeah, but who won the putt putt game [oh, please say you, please] heehee

Well, if it ever gets too quiet you know who to text. ::wink::

Glad the weather is finally nice for y'all. You have certainly spent a long time chasing it.

homemade soup said...

Hi nicee reading your blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...