Friday, August 18, 2006

A Quiet Day

We're taking it easy at the RV Vagabond househould today. My knee has been hurting, so I decided to give it a rest from the water aerobics and long walk to the swimming pool. Denny and I have been on our respective computers for most of the day-Denny playing on Pogo.com and me experimenting with the new Picasa free web album service. They offer 250 MB of space for your digital pictures, with 6 GB available for $25 a year. At the 'fine' quality setting I use, I was able to upload about 885 photos before I hit the wall. So that was all of 2004 (189 pictures) and about 2/3 of 2005's photos (approximately 695 photos out of 1050 taken). I was hoping to get all of my 2004 and 2005 photos online so I could link the albums to my travel photos page of my website and save the tedious cropping, resizing and uploading process but that's not going to happen.

I must say, if you use Google's free Picasa service to upload your photos to your computer, it's a snap to upload those photos into the Picasa web albums. At the moment the service is in the beta stage, but if you have a Gmail account(which is free) then you can download Picasa and receive an invitation to use/test the beta version here . If you'd just like to try the Picasa digital photo software first, see the link in the right hand column of this page under Google photos.

Want to see the end result? 2004 and 2005 part 1 I'm still uploading on the few remaining MBs of 2005 part 2, after which I'll link them to my website and then get back to work on the more cumbersome method of cropping/resizing/etc. for the rest of the year's photos. Because I'm too cheap to pay for the upgrade which costs more than my web hosting account. A gal has to have some principles, right? Okay, I'm just cheap.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...