Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Rough Night

Yesterday I brought my mother back home with us as she still has no electric service at her house. The official word is maybe no power until the weekend, so she'll stay here until the power is back on.

We're not used to house guests here and Patches even less so. I normally leave the blinds up for Patches to look out the windows at night but with age comes paranoia, so I pulled the blinds down for Mom to sleep. Which she couldn't do because Patches was clawing at the shades all night in an attempt to move them so she could see out. Plus, according to my mother there was some sort of small critter skittering around in the trailer last night with Patches fast on its heels, so I guess we've gained a mouse now the the nights are cooling down. Something else to worry about.

What with Mom being up half the night with the light on reading (this is her normal sleep pattern) and Mouse clawing at the night shades, Denny and I didn't sleep well either. I finally gave up at 5AM, figuring Mom would want to go outside to smoke a cigarette and not be able to manage a coffee cup, the stairs, and being able to keep Patches from shooting out the door. I can see that if we need to incorporate Mom into the family due to her health, we're going to have to do it in a house, hanging up the keys for a while. This rig is just too small for the four of us.

Today I'll keep Mom busy by showing her Denny's dad's house and have her give me some ideas on pricing the remaining furniture and items for the estate sale. That will give her something to do while we continue to get the house ready for sale. The carpet installers will be here Tuesday and Wednesday of next week and the realtor comes out next Friday for another walk-through before putting the house on the market. It's finally coming together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cats are so stubborn about getting their own way. If we should be so rude as to close a door on Bear.. he will sit on his haunches and pat at the door incessantly until it is finally opened.

This sounds like it was a tough night for everybody.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...