Saturday, April 02, 2011

Something Different

I normally don't post pictures of our meals, although since I review the various restaurants and cafes where we've eaten on my RV Vagabonds website I probably should take more pictures. I find that I can't take very good photos with the iPh*ne since I get a little shaky trying to push the "capture" button for whatever reason, so I've just been deleting the pics. But this week we had a really fabulous meal at a little restaurant in the middle of nowhere, Arkansas so I snapped a couple of shots, although I missed the opportunity to take a photograph of our "set up".

Set up, you ask? Yeah, we did too. When we placed our order our darling little waitress in the cutest Arkansas drawl possible asked if we wanted salad or set up. Huh? My brain worked feverishly to translate the tone and tenor of her words to try to figure out what she said but I finally gave in and inquired "set up?" While she never said a word, I saw the eye-roll that went on inside her head. But she explained nicely that a set up consists of a bowl of coleslaw, a bowl of beans (pinto, served in a soupy base), pickled green tomatoes and hush puppies. She suggested that one of us order the salad and one of us order the set up, because she would often make a meal simply of the set up. Hey, when in Rome....

So we ordered the salad and set up and we were so busy digging into it I forgot to take a picture. Suffice to say we ate everything in the set up except the hush puppies and that was only because they give you a whole darn basket (think the red plastic baskets that hamburgers and fries are served in at some diners) of the things. Then came our meals; I had the fried shrimp and Denny had the ribs. I should have tried the catfish because our food was so good that the catfish was probably wonderful. It was the only fish they served here and they offered it in a variety of forms.

So if you are ever in the area of Nashville, Arkansas, stop at Fisherman's Cove and have lunch or dinner there. According to our waitress on Fridays they also do a fish and shrimp buffet and they do a Sunday brunch buffet also. Just make sure to get the set up instead of the salad.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

You have a wonderful life, both of you. I love those ribs. Who doesn't like ribs. Yum! I always enjoy your travels, thanks for sharing.

SkippyMom said...

I don't know which looks more yummy- the shrimp or the ribs. The shrimp reminds me of the ones we have on our shrimp and french fry night - which I am now craving. Oh and the set up sounds divine. Although I would've most definitely eaten every last hush puppy. Oh darn - now I am really craving....
Guess what I am making for dinner tomorrow. More pictures please. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...