Monday, June 09, 2008

The Mobile Money Pit

Even though our rig is tucked away under a canopy of trees, when Ohio temperatures hit the nineties and the humidity is high it's pretty darned miserable. Yesterday we turned on the air conditioner in the living room and all was copacetic until the sound of the unit's motor changed and all of a sudden warm air was coming from the vents instead of cold. Uh-oh.

We turned on the bedroom air conditioner which fortunately is also vented through the whole ceiling of the trailer and I started looking for mobile RV repair people. Two were listed for the area, neither answered their phones. Great. This morning I arranged to take our rig to Springboro to have it worked on since they could start on it tomorrow. Once the temperatures hit 90 around here they don't go down for a while so we need to get this problem fixed as soon as possible. We'll just bunk at my mom's house for the duration. Mo' money, mo' money going out da do'.

On a different note, last week I was feeling crafty so I finished off some incense burners. Denny drilled holes in the wine bottles for me and I painted them. Blue wine bottles are just too pretty to throw away.
The trillium bottle was for me. I discovered a whole wash of them at the back of the campground the first week we arrived here and I knew it would be a good flower for the bottle.

Last week ended the first full year of life on the road for Don and Vicki, so I made this blackbird design for their "anniversary" gift.

This particular wine bottle was a strange hue, so I thought a cardinal would brighten it up a bit.

Warm days make me wish for the ocean, so this former ice wine bottle ended up with a dolphin.

Wednesday and Thursday are yard and garden days for us so no blogging will be done on those days. Catch y'all later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The older I get.. the more I depend on air conditioning. Hope all is fixed now.

LOVE your bottle art. How very lovely.

Soulknitting said...

You paint VERY well. Beautiful bottles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...