Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tired

It's been a week of ups and downs here at the tin can on wheels.  For two days high winds tried to blow us off our campsite, I had a bit of a stomach bug one day, and Denny and I were at a fever pitch of frustration exacerbated by Ford Motor Company's inability/unwillingness to assist us in finding a part for our tire.  But through all this the sun was shining and at varying times shone brightly enough to allow the wearing of shorts and short sleeved shirts before the winds brought the temperatures down to an uncomfortable level.  For the first time in months, I have a little color (read tan) on my face.  And I found a new bathing suit that I could live with.  Bonus!

I won't go through the details of our battle with Ford, but let me simply say; phone calls to two Ford dealers, the Ford headquarters, three trips to two different auto parts stores, two trips to a tire dealer and a couple of e-mails to a wheel rim business back in my hometown in Ohio were necessary before we got *crossing fingers* a slow leak in our right front tire fixed.  This was a classic circle jerk of monumental proportions and if it would so happen that we would ever need a new valve stem we still don't know what part we'd need.  But I give kudos to the Cathedral City Carquest auto parts store and Big O Tire for going out of their way to help us.

Of course the main high point of our stay here has been having Don and Vicki 20 miles down the road.  We've eaten out, eaten in, had Happy Hours, played Phase One, the men have golfed while Vicki and I had a girl's day and today we'll wander the flea market.  The two of them are heading east to Arizona tomorrow and it will be October before we see them again (yay, Myrtle Beach!).  Bittersweet.

What it comes down to is there was much more good than bad, which works for us.  Just a normal week for the RV Vagabonds.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

Nice post - it is hard to keep things in perspective when something as a simple tire problem turns into the SALT talks.

Enjoy Don and Vicki while you are there. October will be here before we know it!

Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...