Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It's a small world after all

While I was downloading a free Sun Microsystems program called Office Org. (it works like Microsoft Office) to be able to read my journals that were saved in Word format on a different computer, Denny mentioned that an e-mail came in from my mother on his laptop. For some reason, some e-mails come through his laptop and don't download onto my desktop computer and I haven't figured that out yet. So when we traded computers so I could read Mom's mail I noticed a new message from someone relating to my Newberry National Volcanic Monument blog entry.

It turns out that Dave and Jan were in our campground and as Datastorm users had noticed us on the Datastorm location map and read our blog. They came over to introduce themselves, beating us to the punch as we were going to walk over after dinner. We had a nice time talking about traveling, blogs of other travelers that we follow, friends and family. Jan is a hiker who has hiked rim to rim at the Grand Canyon three times; wow! That is a major feat of endurance and stamina. However, I discovered I was one-up on her in one respect; I've walked up Silly Mountain in Apache Junction and she hasn't-heh! They have invited us to meet up in Phoenix this winter to go to Jan's favorite place and I'll look forward to that once I've figured out where we're going to stay. Right now that's too far in the future as I'm thinking that today we'll travel to the High Desert Museum after we drop the truck off for its transmission repairs.

Dave and Jan will move on today, probably camping in the Newberry National Volcanic Monument and exploring the park. But we'll be able to track them via the Internet and keep in touch that way. Hmm, whatever did the world do before the Internet?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...