Thursday, August 25, 2005

Oh Frabjous Day!

Oh Frabjous Day!

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.


`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Isn't that the most marvelous bit of whimsy? If you don't recognize it, it's part of "Jabberwocky" from "Alice Through the Looking Glass". The reason I brought it up is that my satellite dish modem miraculously healed itself this evening, so "oh frabjous day!" we're back online. My mom has lots of collectibles for me to research for her for her latest estate sale and her voice sounded so disappointed when I called her this afternoon to tell her we would be offline for a couple of weeks. Boy, she wasn't the only one!

So to update; the truck's newest repair seems to be working fine as we had no unusual noises emitting from the undercarriage during our travels to the Narrows. That's where we are; the Narrows. The original Narrows consisted of three saloons a general store and a hotel. All that's left is a small wooden house. The newest Narrows consists of the campground, a set of gas pumps, and a restaurant/saloon/mini-mart. We're smackdab in the middle of nowhere, between Burns and Steens Mountain. Malheur Wildlife Refuge is about six miles east of us so we'll probably check it out although the high season for birding is long over. During the spring they have over 300 different types of birds that stop at the preserve. We spotted an unusual fellow in the campground yesterday that looks very similar to the Glossy Ibis in my National Geographic Field Guide, but they are supposed to inhabit the east coast of the U.S. so I guess that's not what he was. This is also an area where they have wild mustangs and gather them for auction. So there's a lot around, although most of it would be round trips of over 100 miles and at $3.00 a gallon I think Denny will balk at some of it.

More to come, just had to get a little bit updated before I start answering e-mails.


2 comments:

Claude & Val Pauze/ Heathman said...

Can I suggest you use a bigger font!? IT makes it very hard for people with poor eyesight to read your blog

Thanks, Clauval

RVVagabond said...

Better?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...