Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Awash

Checking the weather map I see we're in for some heavy rains which figures since we're packing up and moving out today. Yes, we've got ponchos but it's no fun to be putting away hoses and cranking up jacks in the pouring rain much less driving the highways with a bunch of maniacs. The area towards which we're heading appears to be having a downpour right now so I'm hoping it rains itself out prior to our arrival. If we're lucky we'll arrive in between the large bands of rain and stay dry because we're out of hot chocolate and the mulled apple cider is long gone. Sigh.

I sure am whiny for an early Tuesday morning, huh? Check the "where we are" link later this afternoon to find us--there's even a Google Earth link now for a satellite view. Fun stuff if you like that sort of thing. We've been to this campground one time before--the day after I fell and broke my kneecap so I only saw the place from the window beside the couch. We stayed one night waiting for our mail to arrive and then left to head for Ohio and a meeting with a surgeon. I'm hoping to have a more pleasant visit this time around.

Safe travels on this rainy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing but grey skies here, but at least it is rain we are having.. and not snow. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...