Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Day at Holly Hills Golf Course


Too many days of driving miles and miles and miles meant that when we were able to play golf again we chose to drive about ten miles down the road to Holly Hills Golf Club in Waynesville, Ohio. I have a special affection for this course because this is where Denny dragged me along with two of his friends, rented me a set of men's right-handed golf clubs (I'm a left-handed gal), stuck a ball on a tee on the tenth hole and said "hit it". And that was my introduction to golf.

Set in the countryside among low, rolling hills with many mature trees, Holly Hills is walkable if you are in good shape and very playable no matter what your skill level. Blue tees set the course at 6785 yards, white at 6634 yards and red tees make it 5892 yards. There are sand traps, a creek that crosses a couple of fairways (as in the picture above of the 13th hole, a par 3 with a remodeled stone wall and walking bridge that never fails to intimidate me), trees and areas of links-style rough. For the amount of play the course receives, the staff keeps it in very good condition.

Holly Hills is located at 4966 N. State Route 42, Waynesville, OH Phone (513) 897-4921. Seniors pay $21 for eighteen holes with a riding cart, one of the best deals in town. I believe the regular price is $30 weekdays with a cart and $35 on weekends.

P.S. Happy Anniversary, Denny. I'm glad you refused to take "no" for an answer those many years ago.


The view from the eighth hole at Holly Hills.

2 comments:

Soulknitting said...

Happy Anniversay to you BOTH!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the walking part of a game of golf.. I am just not very good at the hitting of the golf ball part.

Happy, happy anniversary. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...