Friday, May 30, 2008

Busy Work, Busy Times



Much activity this week. Denny has the electric fence mostly up, which is good since one of our tomato plants has 4 small tomatoes starting. Yay! My mother has decided that we'll be doing our somehow-this-turned-into-an-annual-thing garage sale, so today Denny and I stopped by to set up a table and start arranging some items and clearing space in the garage. This was after we had gone to the annual 20 year retiree breakfast for the police department. We've missed the last nine years so it was neat catching up with a lot of old friends, some of whom we haven't seen since we started our full time travels. Most of us are in pretty good health and things are going well for everyone, which is always good to hear.

Patches Mae proved her huntress ancestry this week when we were spending the day at "Grandma's" house. As seen by the picture above, Patches discovered that if she hid in the ferns and stayed there for a long time, sooner or later the birds would forget she was there. The end result? She gifted us with a baby bird in the living room. The good news is, when I went to pick it up with a paper towel the little critter ran off and tried to fly away. So I was able to take it outside on the other side of the privacy fence and place it near the lilac bush where it flew up into the branches. All is well.

Traded up to a new Razr cell phone today--a whole new learning curve here as well as accessories to buy, of course. So much for a "free" upgrade. Let's see how long it takes me to realize it's my phone ringing since I lost my ringtones; I imagine a lot of the calls will go into voice mail until I remember what my new ringtone sounds like. Old dog and all that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomatoes already... holy cow!! I just planted my seedlings yesterday so have a ways to go to catch up. :-)

Patches looks adorable in that photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...