Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Brief Commercial Break

One day last week Denny and I played golf at one of the local golf courses and at the end of our round we were chatting with one of the men who had been in the foursome ahead of us. After a few moments, the man walked to his car and when he came back to us he handed me a bottle of Italian salad dressing. He explained that his brother was a diabetic who had developed his own no-fat, no sugar salad dressings after becoming disenchanted with store-bought brands of low fat dressings. He also mentioned a blackberry/cranberry/raspberry dressing which made my eyes light up, so he brought out one of those for me also. By now he had introduced himself as Ken and I asked if Awesome had a website, which it does. At that point, Denny told Ken that I like to mention local companies on my blog and website when we use and enjoy their products, so suddenly I had all four flavors of their dressings; Italian, Oriental, Sweet & Sour Garlic and the Raspberry,Blackberry,Cranberry dressings. I was set for taste testing!

The first thing I did was go to the store to pick up ingredients listed on the Oriental dressing's label for a salad. The next day I made up a big bowl of salad and took it with us to Don and Vicki's trailer to try, taking along the Oriental, Sweet & Sour and R/B/C dressings. We tried all three and I have to say, for salad dressings that have absolutely no oil, no preservatives and artificial additives, these are pretty darn tasty! Created with diabetics in mind, these salad dressings would be great for those folks following a low fat diet but they are also nice for those of us who don't want a lot of chemical additives on our salads, just all natural ingredients (except for the sucralose for sweetener).

Those who live in the Dayton are can find them at Cubs, Dot's Market and other area stores, plus they are available online at the website.

So thanks, Ken--your brother James Baby makes some good stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually try to use a low fat salad dressing.. but must admit, they are rarely as good as the regular ones. I checked out the "Awesome" website. It looks like a good product although it appears it can only be found in the States.. pity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...