Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Late Lazy Sunday

This has not been a typical weekend for Denny and I. Normally we just veg out and leave the stores and the roadways to all those working folks who have to do their shopping on weekends. But we've been out and about with Don and Vicki, going out for pizza, hitting the local flea market and just spending the afternoons bs-ing. Thus I am way late on my Lazy Sunday pix.

Truly random, some old and some new, and not up to snuff because Desperate Housewives is on. ;-)


A family trip to the Fairfield resort in Arkansas was a treat. We played some golf, rented a pontoon boat for a day on the lake and wandered the area on foot with the boys. This natural bridge was an unexpected treat.


Fall color at Brown County State Park in Indiana. A lovely park with little Nashville close by for shopping if you get tired of all that nature.


Stone Mountain Park is a fabulous place to take your kids; there's history, a water park, a mountain to climb and the greatest laser show you'd ever want to see. Take a picnic dinner and get a spot on the lawn early for the light show.


A parasailer above the Gulf of Mexico at Gulf Shores, Alabama. I wish I had the nerve to try it, but I sure love to watch them in the meantime.


White water at Snoqualmie Falls in Washington. A truly beautiful area, an impressive waterfall and a great place to visit.


This is our "back yard" here in Wilmington. As you can see, Patches enjoys exploring our little patch of woods.


I'm still trying to figure out what these little pointed things are that are growing out of the tree stump. All sorts of evil thoughts run through my head though.


When I would look through the neighbor's trees at sunset back in our old neighborhood, this view always made me think of pictures I had seen of the African veldt. A fanciful thought, but I never tired of the sunsets seen through those trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your Sunday Pics.

I too spent much of Sunday evening watching the finale of Desperate Housewives. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...