Saturday, May 24, 2008

This and That



The week has flown by here and we've finally gotten the garden planted. Last week's rains tapered off finally, so Denny was able to get the tomatoes planted before the next series of storms rolled in. The grass was so high last week that Denny had to raise the settings on the lawn tractor for me to cut the grass and we went back three days later to do it again. I know that in a few weeks we'll be wishing for the rain and cooler temperatures to return, but for now I'm ready for summer.

Denny and I have decided to try to clear out the garages at both his dad's house and my mother's house; how ambitious is that? We have our work cut out for us, to be sure.

I met with a periodontist this week and discovered I'll need gum surgery and bone grafts to repair bone loss from periodontal disease. Money is going to flow from our pockets while we're in Ohio this summer it seems. I seriously considered having all the teeth yanked and having dentures made, but I'm just not emotionally ready for something like that. Does anyone know of a good work at home business or have the inside track to winning lottery numbers? ;-)

My good friend Vicki's sister received the gift of a heart yesterday. Diane came through the transplant surgery okay and is doing well so far. We are grateful for that. A family in Toledo made the difficult decision to donate their loved one's organs and it helped save a life. Knowing someone who has benefited from an organ donation makes me very happy that I'm signed up to be an organ donor.

Strawberries should be ready to pick by the end of the first week of June--I better start walking more now to make up for all the strawberries with whipped cream I'll be eating for as long as the picking season lasts. Yum.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the garden. I am a little envious. We are still experiencing frost warnings at night.. so I am holding off planting for a few more days. *sigh*

I too visited a periodontist and I too have some trouble areas to deal with. Not fun.. and as you say, very pricey. Good luck with this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...