Sunday, July 13, 2008

Still Offline

Although we've moved down to Cinci and we're all set up in the back yard of my father-in-law's house, we've not been able to get our Hughes.net system to work yet. Currently I'm online through dial up and it is too slow to deal with for my tastes, plus I'm infringing upon my mother-in-law who can't understand the concept of dial-up Internet.

Now that we're down in the area where Denny grew up I'm hearing stories from his childhood that I've not heard in the 26 years we've been together. It's been an interesting week. Tuesday I'm heading up to Kettering to my mom's house for four days while I help her with her garage sale, then it's back to Cinci to help Denny paint the house. I don't think the interior has been painted in at least a decade--we'll have to confirm that with Denny's sister. Regardless, we've got a lot of work ahead of us.

The tomato plants are chock-full of tomatoes and we're waiting to see how much they ripen after the full moon on the 18th. Sweet corn is in and we've had our first BLTs of the season and life is good, albeit very busy and filled with travel. Unfortunately it's only local travel and not exploring new places. Although I will have to learn the Cinci area now, figuring out where my favorite stores are and how to get to them.

Sometime this week an installer should get out here to see what the problem is with our satellite system and we'll be back online. Eventually there may even be Lazy Sunday pictures again, who knows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once you have lived with high speed internet.. going back to dial-up is hard to do. :-).

You'll have to share some of those Denny growing up stories with us in the future. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...