Saturday, July 05, 2008

Touching Base

First of all, thanks to all of you who left us a kind word after Denny's father passed on. It helped.

We picked our first tomatoes two days after Dad's funeral. I'm sure he was watching and appreciates that fact that we're going to have a bumper crop this year.

Denny's step-mother will be moving to Tennessee in August to be closer to family, so Denny and I will be putting a temporary 50 amp line in down at his dad's house so we can set up our trailer there while we make all the necessary repairs for putting the house on the market. It will save us many, many miles of traveling back and forth and we'll just make one trip a week up to my mother's house to handle things there.

Our Hughes.net system is still not functioning and we're going to have to call in a technician to troubleshoot it as we've run out of ideas of what to do about it. So posts are still going to be few and far between because between dealing with Denny's dad and worrying about my mother's health writing the blog isn't as important to me as it once was. I'm sure that once Denny and I get into the actual physical work on his father's house I'll find taking a break to blog will be a welcome relief, but for the moment my heart isn't in it.

Right now, it's lunch time and since I'm still on soft foods due to my gum surgery I have to figure out what might be edible in Mom's refrigerator. Only six more days until I can have Marion's pizza or any of my favorite foods that I have to chew. Sigh.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Clearing out Denny's dad's home is likely to be harder than he expects, so many memories that can't be packed...

Be well.

Soulknitting said...

{{{hug}}}....and another {{{hug}}}. Really, I'm at a loss for words. {{{hug}}}

All that you're going through is so difficult....you are both in my prayers.

And also...that you can eat pizza as soon as possible. From my previous (and still occasionally present world of having to deal with parental unit issues) similiar experiences, pizza is a HUGE stress reliver. Then there is the Gum surgery. Things really suck for you right now, but hopefully will get WAY better....soon.

Love Kim and Luna

Anonymous said...

Wow.. picking tomatoes already. Denny's dad must be smiling down.

I wish you and Denny well with all that life is throwing at you at this time. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...