Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Chilly Morning

Quietly the fog rests on the ground this morning while I wait for Denny to awaken. It's peaceful here in the hills that pass for mountains in Ohio. In the distance I hear a train whistle and marvel, knowing that the tracks lie on the West Virginia side of the Ohio river miles away. Each morning I'm thankful for this brief period of quiet reflection that I now share with the cat. Although I love my husband dearly I appreciate this small break from our time spent together 24/7 brought about by our lifestyle and 36-foot long home. The mist curling around the rig isolates me even more and the purr of the furnace taking the chill off the air rivals that of the cat on my lap. A cup of coffee to awaken me and the company of others through their blogs on the Internet to pique my interest, make me giggle, snort or even become a little teary-eyed on some mornings have replaced reading the morning paper.

I like September in Ohio.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...