Friday, September 22, 2006

Pine Hills Golf Club, Pomeroy, Ohio


Scenic is a good word to describe the Pine Hills Golf Club course. Nestled in the hills of southeastern Ohio this little nine-hole course is under-played and under-maintained but is still a lot of fun. The course was still very damp from the early morning dew and fog but it was obvious that the fairways hadn't been cut in a couple of days although they were in good shape otherwise. There were trees and ponds and sand traps to evade and avoid throughout and the sun was shining on a beautiful fall day so we had a good time. Let me back up a moment; I had a good time--Denny did not. I didn't expect to do well after going four months without playing golf, Denny has been out a few times with our oldest son and some friends so he expected to do better. I was pleased that my knee didn't seem to be bothered by the lateral motion of my golf swing and that walking some of the course seemed to relieve the pain in the joint. I considered the outing a success and look forward to playing in West Virginia next week. We've not yet played golf anywhere in West Virginia so we'll be able to check another one off our 'state to play' list.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...