Thursday, September 14, 2006

Too Busy to Write

There is a lot on our agenda this week; we've planned doctors' appointments, meetings with friends and family, a trip to the dinner theater.

Whenever we meet with friends, it seems to be over dinner, much to my dismay over my currently increasing waistline. Tuesday evening we met friends who manage the Chinese restaurant located near my mother's house. While talking to Michelle, the young lady they consider family, we realized that we have known Lin and her husband for 18 years. While we don't talk on the phone or chat on the Internet, Lin is always one of the first people we stop to see when we are in town. Tuesday night Lin took me in hand and walked me through a variety of Chinese morsels I had never experienced; dim sum, dumplings similar to potstickers (I forgot their name), sushi for goodness sake! She even talked me into trying to use chopsticks in front of a room full of strangers and grabbed extras so I could practice at home.

It's been a while since I've moved outside of my comfort zone; it felt good. I have to remember to do that more often to remain vibrant, mentally stimulated and connected with others. It is all too easy to maintain the status quo through ennui, fear of change or discomfort. Life is too short and there are still many roads to travel.

Life Is A Highway
Tom Cochrane

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate, break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today

CHORUS:
Life is a highway
I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I want to drive it all night long

1 comment:

Soulknitting said...

Hi L & D,

Really like how your blog is looking!! As I was scrolling down this post, I saw that the song was by Tom Cochrane. My Dad's name and this week is/was his birthday week. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face in both the remembrance of him and the great photos of your journey's travels!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...