Tuesday, October 24, 2006

B.C. (Before Cat)

Or Be Careful what you wish for, etc.

It's 3 AM and Patches wants to play. She bats down my freebie Beanie babies from Blockbuster which fall between the bed and the wall. Scrabbling to hook them back up with her claws, her rabies tag clanking against the wall, we're jerked out of sleep. I wanted to have a cat.

I can no longer take pictures of Patches doing something cute because she now relates the camera to going for a walk (I take the camera for pictures of the fall colors) and she rushes to the door when she hears the camera being turned on.

My legs look like I walked into a roll of concertina wire thanks to her playful kitten claws.

We now have to remember we have a cat when making travel plans not involving the rig or when the rig needs repairs. We've lost the freedom to come and go as we please.

We have to look down whenever we get up or start walking because there's probably a cat underfoot, especially if we go anywhere near the front door.

Cats need to be entertained, especially when you are trying to work on something on the computer.

I know there's more, but she just curled up on my lap and went to sleep. Awwwww.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Heehehehe.

Don't worry, she'll calm down a bit after she's outgrown the skitty-kittys.

Btw: you are very welcome to share the sign idea with your friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...