Tuesday, October 31, 2006

How Pathetic

My (I say 'my' because I'm the laundress of the house) new washing machine was sitting in the campground office when we arrived in South Carolina today. I was SO happy to see it because 1) I was afraid it wouldn't arrive before we were due to leave. 2) Because I hate sitting in laundromats and 3) Because I love new toys, even when the toy is a washing machine. How pathetic is that?

We had to carefully position the rig in the site today; the rear of the site sloped downhill severely and we had to drive up on 4 inches worth of boards on one side to be level side to side. Three of the last four campgrounds have been like this and we're beginning to long for the level smoothness of the desert, despite the beauty of our surroundings here. Once we were all set up we headed back to the office to pick up the washing machine--thank goodness there was a dolly available to move that big box out to the truck. A very nice man who was also leaving the office helped Denny load the washer into the truck and we got it home, unpacked and into the rig with only a little trouble maneuvering it up into the rig. Denny did get a bit of a shower (okay, he got soaked) while testing the connections but within about a half hour the beast was ready for a test drive. Hmm, is it running? Yes it is. What? That's the spin cycle? I can't hear it-yay! Our old washer sounded like we were washing bowling balls on the spin cycle. I LIKE this off-brand machine!

To celebrate (and because we had missed lunch and it was now getting late) we drove back into Anderson to the Red Lobster to use our Christmas gift certificate. Thanks, Darb and Net! And when we got back home, I did more laundry. And I was smiling. Sick, sick, sick.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...