Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gettin' Our Kicks

...on Route 66. Yes, indeed, our campground is located just off historic Route 66 about ten miles east of Albuquerque. The temperatures are about 20 degrees cooler than in Arizona/Nevada (sorry, Kim) and THERE ARE LILACS AT THE CAMPGROUND. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get out with the camera. LILACS!!! I loves me some lilacs.

Traveling down I-40 I got a few pictures of the red rock area of New Mexico for my Lazy Sunday pictures. This is such a pretty state and we really haven't explored it properly yet. We've been up in the Farmington area (think Tony Hillerman's novels about Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee) and 4 corners as well as Las Vegas, New Mexico (didn't know there was one, did you?) but we haven't explored the eastern segment at all. Which is why we can't even begin to consider giving up the rv lifestyle because there is just so much we haven't seen in each state.

But, we're going to kick back here for a few days then we start a series of one-nighters as we head to Indiana for a few days before settling into our campground in Ohio for the season. Maybe play golf, maybe look at some turquoise stuff, maybe just watch the rain if it happens. I've almost forgotten the smell of rain, sad to say.

Time for Patches and I to go hunt some birds.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...