Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lazy Sunday Loads of Lavender

I was going to type Linda Loves Lazy Sundays with Loads of Lavender but I thought that would be a little too much alliteration for a lot of people. Heh. That's what happens when you start to blog before you've had your first cup of coffee in the morning.

Without further ado, the pictures.


The first thing I noticed when climbing the steep hill into the campground was the lilac bushes. Ya gotta love a place that has lilacs.


I think this may be stork's bill or heron bill. I really need to find a better book on wildflowers.


The morning dew on a bearded iris, which my grandmother called a "flag".


I labeled this one as wild phlox but after further research I think it's mock vervain.


The mock vervain mingling with a tubular yellow flower. Yep, that's its official name. Sigh. Okay, so I couldn't figure out what the yellow flower was.


Close up, this cluster of blue flowers have a lavender tint on the edges. Again, I searched the Internet without success for this one.


Last but not least is the wild flax. Actually, I was going to plant a picture of Patches here but common sense prevailed. *boo*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the wild flower photos. Even here we are seeing many blossoms and the air is often filled with the most beautiful fragrances. I have a small lilac bush in my back yard but it is a variety that blooms a little later in the season. Once the blooms are out, I rarely walk by without sticking my entire face in the bush.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...