Saturday, April 25, 2009

Down and Out

High winds blew down our Internet dish last week and apparently messed it up to the point we couldn't get a good signal with it. It was frustrating since I have a lot of research to do to find values on some of the items my mother had collected over the years. Instead, Denny and I worked around the rig, getting it washed and cleaned up some and I started the lengthy process of winnowing down our possessions.

The satellite dish wasn't the only thing down this week--I was too. So much that I did absolutely nothing for Denny's 70th birthday, which was horrible of me. It just so happens that his birthday fell on the one month anniversary of Mom's death and I had spent the last couple of days catching up on my journal for the months of January, February and March and it all came crashing down. And Denny was the one who suffered. He has asked me to take advantage of Hospice's grief counseling and I'm going to make arrangements next week to do that. In the meantime, we'll be starting to paint, catalog, sort and get estimates on refinishing the hardwood floors underneath the carpet in the living room/dining room and bedrooms since that's apparently the preferred flooring nowadays. There's a ton of work to be done, but I just heard from Vicki who says she and Don have changed their minds about an Alaska cruise and instead they'll be going to Myrtle Beach in October. Well hello, good times! I'll be making my campsite reservations this week, I do believe! Knowing we're going to Myrtle Beach is a terrific incentive to get all the work done.

Nothing like coming back online and being a downer, huh? That's life.

And it's going to get better soon.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

It is so nice to see you back, but I am sorry you are feeling so sad. This is probably the hardest part having to take care of her estate, with the memories and all, but Denny has a good idea and I hope you take him up on it.

Myrtle Beach, huh? Seems to me you and Denny might have to drive through or close to VA to get there? Yes, I am sure of this...LOL...Bull Run Park is awfully pretty that time of year... :D...and wouldn't you know - it is SO close to us...giggle...[just trying to cheer you up]

Please wish Denny a Happy Birthday and remember we are thinking of you and sending you happy wishes.

Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...