Sunday, April 25, 2010

More Desert Plants

Every time Patches and I would go out for a walk (which could be two to three times a day) I would discover another wildflower or plant that I hadn't seen before.  And don't even get me started on all the different rocks out there--I could have created a beautiful rock garden with all the specimens out there.

I'm clueless to the names of these flowers and plants except for the desert verbena so don't look to me for identification of what you see here today.  And as always, you can click on the picture to enlarge it.



The tiny purple blossom on the plant below was about an eighth of an inch in diameter.


Desert verbena.
Another teeny-tiny plant.

To show you the scale of the teeny-tiny plant.



I don't know if the grapey-looking things here are the blossoms or the seeds, but they were hollow and weightless like tiny balloons.

Nature's perfect symmetry.

I was never able to snap a good picture of the quail here; they are too flighty especially with a cat around.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...