Thursday, September 15, 2005

Okay, I lied

Not really, I just didn't expect Denny to put up the DirecWay dish for a two-night stay. But there were some bank items he wanted to check, so up it went and quite easily too, about ten minutes worth of work.

I drove our 190 mile jaunt today since Denny seemed to feel he had been driving enough lately-heh. That's not a problem as I like to drive occasionally to keep my skills fresh, although backing into a site needs work. Denny got impatient and wouldn't let me continue to try, so we had some words over that since I figured the entire campground was empty and it was the best time for me to practice. He agreed (after the fact) that I was right and that he should have allowed me to work at getting into the site (they are narrow sites just wide enough for the rig and lined with railroad ties, not the easiest sites to back into).

I think it's a good idea for the spouse or traveling companion to know how to drive your rig in case of an emergency, especially if you don't have any of the special insurance policies that provide drivers for your rig in an emergency (MASA, for instance). There are driving classes you can take, some provided by the manufacturer of your rig, others at rallies held by the various camping/RVing organizations.

We are out in the middle of nowhere, Idaho, with mountains to the side of us. The park is a resort type park with a hot spring fed pool, horses, pavilions, yurts and teepees, although the pool is apparently closed for the season. Our site rent has been slipped through a slot in the guard shack (honor system) and as I mentioned we are the only ones here except for the horses in the field beside us. I imagine I'm going to see a zillion stars out here tonight. And maybe some Indians.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...