Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Where have I been, VISA?

Last night we drove into Hurricane as I had a taste for Chinese food for dinner, so we ended up at the Hunan City restaurant where we had a great meal for a very reasonable price. Afterwards we stopped at the grocery across the street and when it came time to pay I used my debit card, which was declined. Okay, there have been some stores that decline it as a debit card but accept it as a VISA credit card, so we tried that. No good. Hmm. I used Denny's card, which is the same account, with no problem.

Today at Wal*Mart I tried to use my card again. Declined. Okay, now I'm confused as once again, Denny's card went through without a problem. So I called our credit union only to discover that VISA blocked the card due to the fact there had been charges in several different cities over a span of days. Well, DUH! Where have they been the last eight years? Apparently the fact that we moved four times in a week threw them and to top if off they had transposed two digits in our phone number so they couldn't call us to confirm we had made the purchases. So they just locked the card. On one hand it's nice that they are looking out for us, but on the other hand, haven't they noticed that we seem to be moving around? A lot? For years? Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...