Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another World

There is, out there in the netherworld, a group called "bloggers". These are random people who go online writing about their areas of expertise or complaining about motherhood or simply chronicling their lives. And then those of us who write web logs end up stumbling upon other people's blogs that intrigue us and we end up commenting upon each others entry for the day and eventually we create a long distance acquaintance.

While I have seen some instances of vitriolic comments from malcontents on the web, for the most part when a person writes of a personal problem or is stumbling on the sometimes rocky footpath of life, fellow bloggers are there with advice, prayers, offers of personal assistance and/or money. It is a strange and wonderful phenomenon that is uplifting and gratifying, especially when you are on the receiving end of it. And this week it is I on the receiving end.

Over the past few weeks I have been writing about my mother's health and habits as we try to care for her and more recently my posts have been of her surgery. Fellow bloggers have reached out in support and lifted my spirits when I needed it most. These are people I have never seen nor spoken with but they have been there for me and Denny from the get-go.

So all I can say is, watch out you guys, because when Denny and I hit the road once again you may find me ringing your doorbell for a long overdue hug. Fair warning.

P.S. The doctor took Mom off the ventilator yesterday and she's doing okay on her own with just oxygen. She's alert enough to complain--that's a good sign!

3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

You made me laugh! Yep! You need to start worrying when they don't complain...then you know there is something wrong, eh?

I am so happy she is off the vent. Please give her our best - and I hope you are taking care of yourself and Denny.

[I know I sound like a broken record, but hey! they don't call me SkippyMOM for nothing! :D]

Have a great day.

Deana said...

Well come on by! I am so glad to hear good news about your mom. You and Denny get back to enjoying life!

Anonymous said...

Ok Linda... you now have me smiling with tears in my eyes. And... I would absolutely LOVE to have your RV parked in my driveway. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...