Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Different Kind of RVer

For the past couple of months I have been following the blog of the Wagonteamster. This gentleman built himself a small RV of sorts (kind of like a gypsy wagon) and then hitched four powerful Percherons to it to explore the country. Wandering the back roads, meeting the good people of our country and just taking the time to smell the roses, Bob brought a different perspective to the idea of full time travel.

Today on Tioga and George's blog I found this. Be sure to read the comments following the article also. The dog commenters are referring to is Bob's dog Clementine who was traveling with him and has apparently been taken by someone. This is a horrific end to what was an incredible journey and I hope Bob and the two surviving horses make it through okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... a bit of a roller coaster ride. I visited Bob's site before I finished your post. I was horrified to find out about the accident. My heart breaks for him and his dream. I feel that somewhere in this there is a lesson... but can't quite get to it yet. So sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...