Sunday, February 08, 2009

Mental Health Day


Today was a mental health day for Denny and I; we not only took ourselves out to breakfast, as is our norm on Sundays, but we met with friends for dinner too. It was nice to get out of the house and away from the smell of smoke and the responsibility of another person's care for a few hours.

That's not to say we didn't get some work done today, since we did pull down the venetian blinds in two bedrooms and scrubbed them down and washed the windows as well. I also tried out the macro setting on the new camera by taking closeup pictures of items I'm going to put on eBay for my mom once I get her to write the ad (since she's the one who is knowledgeable about the antiques and collectibles--I just do the scut work). The camera is the same one as my old one, but with some upgrades like facial recognition and "intelligent automatic mode". As opposed to "stupid automatic mode" I guess. There are times when it would be nice to have one of those little slip-it-in-your pocket cameras, but I like the feel and heft of this "I'm-almost-a-digital-SRL-camera", along with the 18x zoom. Because the zoom means that I don't have to walk so far to get the shot I want--heh.

Now I just need some faraway place to photograph....

2 comments:

Deana said...

I can't wait to see your Macro work. Enjoy the new camera!

Anonymous said...

Love this photo! and am so excited for you and your new camera. 18x zoom.. wow I would have fun with that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...