Thursday, September 16, 2010

Relocated Again

Having received word that our repairs might be delayed by a week to ten days, we moved to our new residential style motel.

The reason for our extended stay is that the service tech has to order a new black water tank. It seems that for the nine months we've had the fiver when we've been dumping our tanks we've actually only been partially dumping them thus accumulating, for the lack of a better term, a lot of sh*t. No one is sure if there is a blockage or badly angled plumbing, but what it meant was when the poor service tech assigned to pull the tank did so, he was showered in human waste.

Well, this morning we met the poor guy. He was gracious but when I said I guess this meant we were close friends he said "yeah, I even know what you eat" and it all went downhill from there. The one-liners started; "it's a pretty sh*tty job but someone has to do it" and "here I thought our sh*t didn't stink", to "I thought we knew what we were doing but we don't know crap" etc. I mean, ya gotta laugh in a situation like that, right? We'll be here all week, folks. Ba-dum-dum.

Anyway, Denny and I emptied the refrigerator, got some extra clothes and changed the litter box so we're set for the time being. At least in this hotel we can cook our own meals and save a little money that way. The cat is sleeping now after making a brief foray around the back half of the hotel so I think she'll adjust. Enforced waiting just isn't fun though and we can only hope that whatever is wrong with the tanks will be fixed properly this time around and that we've not done any permanent damage structurally with the leakage.

It also means I have to work on those Alaska photos. I'm up to "sceneryAlaska15" "sceneryAlaska16" in my renaming. 1400+ photos which have been winnowed down to 1200+ after the bad/duplicate/blurry ones have been deleted. With more to check. Getting there. Swear.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I know this has nothing to do with this post, but I just want to say thank you. You made my day. hug and loves, Skip.

Anonymous said...

I guess that black water tank ended up being a real party-pooper.
sorry.. couldn't resist. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...