Thursday, October 27, 2005

We try to go geocaching


Denny actually volunteered to take me geocaching yesterday, so I grabbed the GPSr and my backpack full of goodies, pen and ID labels as well as the camera and off we went. The good news is the road was gravel and not sand, the bad news is that it was washboard rough which really rattles our teeth due to the stiff suspension of the truck. Denny wasn't real pleased with that, but sooner or later it's going to sink in for him that these caches are placed for the pleasure of folks with jeeps and ATVs and 4X4s, not folks driving around in monster trucks. It just means we have to hike in a lot farther on foot than most folks.

So we discovered the first cache of four I had plotted, but as I was pulling out the box to see what kind of goodies were inside I heard a beep from the GPSr which made me grimace; low battery. And guess who walked out the door without any spares? Duh. So the rest of the afternoon was aborted due to stupidity.

Oh well, next week is a different town and new possibilities for geocaching. But the roads to the caches won't get any smoother, guaranteed. And Denny will growl and grumble. 'Tis the nature of the beast, don'cha know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...