Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What do you fear?

My grandmother and my great-grandmother on my father's side both developed dementia. So I've always figured the odds are pretty good that I'll develop it someday too. When I misplace something I start to think, "uh-oh!", but then go about my business.

Well, today I couldn't find my back-up disk for my digital pictures. I usually back up my pictures onto a CD after uploading them into the computer and today after adding some photos to the computer I reached into the cabinet for my back-up disk and it wasn't there. I looked through all the jewel cases, looked through a separate CD holder, pulled everything out of the cabinet where I keep the disk and...nothing. No back-up CD. Went through everything a second time, and then a third time. And then a fourth time. Searched on top of the desk, behind the printer. Searched the other cupboard. Nothing. As I walked to the kitchen to fix lunch the thought occurred to me that it was finally starting, I was going to develop dementia after all and I just burst into tears. Denny finally got me calmed down by making me laugh and after lunch he started looking for the disk by going through the magazines under the coffee table (it makes sense when you realize the disk had been on top of the desk while we were traveling and the coffee table is moved long-ways beside the desk for travel purposes when we pull in the slides). And that's exactly where the disk was-under some magazines. Whew. I'm not crazy.

Yet.

1 comment:

Soulknitting said...

I so understand that fear. I'm currently searching for my GUN. Yes, my .38. When I came home from Yosemite (where I KNOW I had it in the car) I think I took it out of the car and put it in the house. STILL can't find it. I think I'm losing my mememory and I'll be 49 in a few weeks. Sigh. Might help if I clean up some of the clutter and then I might be able to see things easier. Also hate having to wear glasses now. I can't SEE with my glasses on. I take them off to do things. Sigh. Birthday is coming. Sigh. Probably be a lot of sighing going on. Sigh. Hehhehhhe. Glad you found the CD. Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...