Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Here We Go Again

Crap. Just crap.

I've had knee pain in my good knee all week. I've been doing my water exercises consistently, walking in the evenings with Denny and haven't pulled, yanked, fallen or prodded my knee accidentally, but each day the pain was worse. I thought maybe it might be arthritis, but it came on so suddenly that didn't seem to be the answer. Last night the knee was really swollen so I knew I'd better get it checked.

So a morning sitting in the local hospital's ER netted the information that there was no fracture per X-rays and the doctor seemed to think I might have a strained or possibly torn ligament. Which means a knee brace to immobilize the knee and crutches. Since I have a perfectly good $600 brace (we know because it was the one thing the insurance company didn't cover except for a pittance) back in Ohio, we called my mother to have the brace and crutches shipped to us rather than pay for a whole new set. So here I am in the meantime, back on the couch. It's deja vu all over again.

So Denny will have to walk Patches for a few days--now that should be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, I am so very sorry to hear this.

Nancy said...

Oh Linda!! OUCHE

Take it easy and grumble grumble

sigh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...