Wednesday, April 25, 2007

That Magnet Called Ohio

Denny's dad isn't doing too well. According to Denny's sister, their dad is becoming more and more frail and dementia is starting to set in. We had been talking about returning to Ohio to take over the lawn and garden for his dad, because the garden is what the senior Braun lives for. And when I discovered today that no orthopedic surgeon in the Las Vegas area wanted to deal with me if I wouldn't/couldn't promise to stay in the area for at least 3 months, well, the decision was made. We're going back to Ohio.

We're going to stretch it out a bit, five days here, one there (and a couple in Amarillo, Norman, if you've got the time for a drink) a week at another place so that it will take us about a month to get home. If the knee gets worse, we'll ramp up the itinerary and get there sooner. That way I can see my own doctor and he can even recheck the work he did on the other knee.

We're a bit disappointed because there were friends in Wyoming we wanted to see, as well as Glacier National Park, a return trip to Medora, ND and the Theodore Roosevelt National Park and much more, but it's not the end of our travels, just a hiatus. The tentative agenda is a three month stay, which of course is flexible. Who knows, maybe I'll go be a greeter at Wal*mart while Denny slaves over a hot lawnmower and roto-tiller. Heh. Goodness knows I
can't do that--my father always told me I'd cut my toes off if I tried to use a lawnmower. Sounds like a pretty good reason not to offer to help to me.

In the meantime, we have another ten days here, so we're going to enjoy it. Mt. Charleston is still snow covered even though the temperatures here in town are in the mid eighties. Waiting to leave simply gives all those Eastern states the opportunity to get that last little bit of winter out of their systems, because goodness knows in Ohio we would have that random ice storm/freak snow that would freeze all those lovely flowers we always bought too early in anticipation of warm weather.

Back we go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Denny's dad is doing so poorly. I can understand how concerning this is. Sometimes life just tosses in a twist, especially when we think we have everything all mapped out. I also think it is a good thing that your own Orthopod will be able to deal with your knee. Sometimes things work out .. just not the way we expected them too. I will be wishing you well on all fronts.

Soulknitting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soulknitting said...

again....
!!! I've been trying to post for 2 days !!!!

You're here!!! Coffee?? Lunch???? Kisses from Luna???

email me at my blogname at hotmail.com.

I'll look up the ortho that did my best friend's hip replacements if you want too. Let me know.

Hugs, Kim

Nancy said...

It's good sometimes when you have the freedom to take care of the things you need to do.

At least the three months will be during the spring/summer!

be well,

Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...