Saturday, April 28, 2007

Nothing Doing

Yawn. This has been a bad week for receiving early (like 6 AM) phone calls from people back East who don't really know us. Because, of course, back East it's 9 AM and therefore a reasonable hour to call. I can accept that for the most part, except for the early morning automated message reminding us that we need to bring the truck in for service. Sigh.

The elevating and icing down of my knee with the strained ligament seems to have helped. My orthopedic guy back home told me to lose the brace (thank you, thank you!) and use the leg. Okay. I joined the water aerobics group at the pool yesterday and did a much gentler version of my normal routine and it felt good and later Patches and I went for a short walk and the knee did okay. Of course, walking is fine, it's the sitting down/getting up/going up and down stairs that hurts.

This weekend is the Over the Hump Car Show here in Pahrump. According to the publicity announcement, there will be between 170 and 190 antique, classic and modified cars, trucks and motorcycles in town. The gals at the pool said it will be impossible to drive into Pahrump this weekend, so I guess this is a pretty big deal. We saw a few cars in town at the Sonic drive-in on Thursday and if they are any indication of the quality of cars coming in for the show, this should be a great one. The Art & Sol Fine Art and Craft Show is going on at the same time at the Bob Ruud Community Center but I don't know if they are going to be able to compete with the car show. However, I don't think I'll be able to drag Denny out of the air conditioning--it's going to be hot, hot, hot here. The snow has even melted off the peak of Mt. Charleston since we arrived here less than a week ago.

We're getting our travel route mapped out for returning to Ohio and Denny has asked his dad to pick up some extra tomato plants for planting in his garden since we'll be there all summer. We may even arrive back in town in time for strawberry season (and sour cherries and peaches and raspberries and sweet corn and popcorn later). Mmmm. Okay, I've just made myself hungry. Time to check out the fridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about your knee- youch! Kepp icing, keep icing. And do try to stumble by Good Planets. You're in the starting line-up. Be well.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that the brace is history and that the water aerobics is helping. My knees are one part of my body that have never caused me problems.. except for last week. I must have, somehow, twisted my knee. For the first time in my life I knew what others were experiencing with knee problems. I was shocked at how it affected almost every move I made. So now I much more appreciate the consequences of a troubling knee and I am oh so grateful that mine is back to its normal self.

My hubby would LOVE that car show. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...