Monday, April 23, 2007

The Thinking Blog Meme

Congratulations, you won a
Nancy of My Garden Spot tagged me on the Thinking Blogger Award meme. According to the Thinking Blog the rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
The author of the Thinking Blog went on to say to nominate those blogs with real merit, i.e. relative content and that really get you thinking. So I suppose I should bow out of this because the blogs I follow are written by everyday people who I admire for the ability to turn a phrase, or deal with adversity or make me laugh or cry. Therefore my list of five would be;
1. Crazy Aunt Purl. A knitter, a cat person, a gal young enough to be my daughter who shows wisdom beyond her years. Laurie writes about her life as a divorced person in L.A., owning four cats, drinking too much wine and her love affair with yarn and knitting. I never know when I sit down to read her blog if she's going to make me laugh or make me cry. But she's shown me that you can be honest about your foibles online and folks will love you anyway.
2. Like Nancy, I always check on Soulknitting. Kim makes me think when she posts her lovely poems as I try to interpret them and again when she posts articles about global warming and the horrible things we're doing to our planet. But Kim also opens another world for me when she and Luna go sailing on Lake Mead on weekends and lovely photographs show up on her site. And someday I might even buy a pair of knitting needles.
3. Colleen's Corner. My favorite Canuck. A woman after my own heart, who is happiest when she is out walking her dogs with the sun in her face and a breeze in her hair. Reading about Colleen's sons and all her family members, her pets and house reminds me that people from other countries are no different from us here in America--they have the same hopes and dreams and day to day drudgeries and worries at times. Pictures of Bear, Coco and Sadie make me smile and there's occasionally lovely closeup photos of her yard and garden to drool over.
4. A Mark on my Wall. Sometimes you stumble upon someone's website by accident. I came across Vickie's site as she was in the process of moving to Chicago--it was like coming into a room in the middle of a conversation but I was quickly hooked. Vickie is learning to be a docent at the Chicago Zoo commuting from Florida (!!). She shares her learning with us as well as the most marvelous pictures of the flora and fauna around her home in Florida. Therefore reading Vickie's blog when she's writing about the Cooper hawks who nest in a tree in her yard is an education in all things hawk--nest building, mating, feeding, etc.
5. Lazy Blogger. Now THIS is a travel blog! As in world-wide travel. Well written with beautiful photographs you can't help but learn from this site.
Okay, now it's someone else's turn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Linda.. me.. a thinking blogger? This has really given me my morning smile. Thank you so much for this and your very kind words (now my smile is from ear to ear) :-)

Soulknitting said...

WOW. Thanks Linda for even considering my rants (!!) as movement for brain matter. hehehhe. Hope to SEE you before you leave. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...