Saturday, September 08, 2007

Winding Down



Yesterday Denny took down the watering system in his dad's garden and made a quick pass around the yard with the lawn mower. We drove his father to his radiation therapy treatment, which I found fascinating--I had never seen the therapy done before, so the staff allowed me to watch the procedure on their monitors. Denny's dad is receiving a slightly higher dose of radiation for a two week duration, which will not eliminate the cancer, but instead should lessen the bleeding in his bladder. So far, Dad doesn't seem to be in any pain. He watches the birds through the big dining room window and falls asleep in the chair.

Today's chores involved an oil change for the truck, Denny cutting my mother's grass for the last time and Mom and I running over to my former sister-in-law's house to see my niece and her new baby. What a chubby little cutie she is! Mother and child are doing well (it was a two hour labor for a first baby!). But it's nice to be able to visit and then walk away from diapers and feedings and such! Heigh diddly dee--a traveler's life for me!

2 comments:

Soulknitting said...

Two FABULOUS faces!!! How cute. Great smile! And such rosy cheecks on the brand new little one!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. what a sweet little one. I want one of those. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...