Sunday, March 23, 2008

Locally Grown Lazy Sunday

Life is slowly getting back on an even keel for Denny and I. We are dealing with one more problem; our right turn signal and brake light on the trailer don't work and we have checked the normal things. You know, fuses, light bulbs, loose wires, loose connections. A campground worker here claims to have worked on wiring for tow/ed vehicles and will stop by sometime this coming week to take a look at it. Easier than hauling the truck and trailer to a RV service department somewhere. Since we've done so much running around getting mail from hundreds of miles away, running back and forth many times to the Ford dealership and all, we've not done any sightseeing the three days we've been here. Although we did do a shrimp run to Bon Secour. Yum.


This is the reason I get so frustrated with my camera. Notice how well it focuses on the cars in the distance instead of on the unique moth I discovered in the parking lot. Of course, I had to get the camera out of the car, juggle it with my right hand (I'm left-handed) and try to turn it on and hold the camera and shoot it while hoping the moth stayed put. 6 shots and not a single focused one in the group.


I have no idea what kind of tree this is; a flowering ash? The flowers are grayish-white and I could find nothing in my tree identification guide that showed a tree with seeds like this one. This was taken in Wildwood, FL.


A cluster of red helicopters from a maple tree. As a child we knew a way to put these in your mouth against your tongue and blow to make a kazoo-like sound. I wonder if I could still do it?


This young lady walked her parrot every day while her mother walked their pit bull (and yes, it's unusual for a campground to allow someone with a pitbull to stay). I don't know if the umbrella was to keep the parrot from attempting to fly away or because they are normally shaded in the rainforests. But he flared his tail to show off for us.


Two separate rest areas in Florida had fighter jets mounted near their welcome centers. Very striking.


These totem poles were in a yard that sat near the county road we took to Billie's at Bon Secour. That's where we buy our fresh shrimp when we're in the area. They also have fresh fish, crayfish and oysters.


This tree or bush was partially hidden behind others in the brushy area along one of the driveway in our campground. I have no idea what it is. Again, it's not in my tree book.


This is where old stones go to die.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous moth. About the focusing.. are you using the lock focus feature. Here is a link that explains it quite well.
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=731&pq-locale=en_US

Anonymous said...

Hi me again.. the link didn't show.. I will email it to you. :-)

THE HAPPY CAMPERS said...

I HAD THE TRAILER LIGHT PROBLEM AWHILE BACK AND FOUND THE SOLUTION IN A FUSE BOX UNDER THE HOOD OF THE FORD PICKUP. CHECK YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL FOR THE TRUCK TO IDENTIFY THE CORRECT FUSE TO CHECK.

READ YOUR BLOG REGULALY.

REX

RVVagabond said...

Thanks, Rex. The truck turn signals work, so it's not that. The mechanic moved the power cord plug from the bumper to the sidewall of the truck and we're beginning to wonder if he wired it right. We've already replaced the plug on the trailer end, checked its fuses, checked the light bulbs, etc. Appreciate the help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...