Friday, March 07, 2008

Rain Gremlins

Something weird was going on here yesterday.

I can only say that I'm grateful that I'm not claustrophobic because yesterday afternoon the bathroom commode room (it's a separate area in Casa Vagabonds) decided to hold the cat and I hostage. I say the cat and I because Patches will not allow me into the bathroom alone--it's like having a two year old around. But then again, she IS two years old, so I guess that makes sense. Anyway, when I tried to open the door yesterday the knob would not turn and I could not get out. Understand, the lock on that door hasn't been used in the eight years we've owned this trailer, but for some reason it engaged yesterday and it would.not.turn.or.move. Patches was jumping up trying to climb up the door (apparently SHE'S claustrophobic) and I'm feeling like as idiot having to call out to Denny that I'm locked IN the bathroom. He used a knife to try to open the lock through the access slot on the knob on his side of the door, but that didn't work. Finally, Denny passed a screw driver over the top of the door (tall ceilings means the door doesn't reach the ceiling, thank goodness) and I removed the door knob so I could get out. The locking mechanism has frozen, so we get to buy a new door knob today--perhaps a lever-type with NO lock.

Shaking our heads, the day continued peacefully until we were just settling into our bed, listening to the sound of rainfall on the roof when all of a sudden I heard loud music. It took me a moment to recognize the music from one of our favorite CDs--our stereo system had turned on and was playing guitar music. At eleven o'clock at night. By itself. Cue the theme music from the Twilight Zone.

I have to say, I was a little cautious getting out of bed this morning, half-expecting to find that that coffee pot had spewed its contents on the floor or something. So far, so good. Whew.

2 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

Thanks for a grin to start the day!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. what freaky happenings. And I so understand how you were caught in the BR with Patches. Here, it seems, we are like a small parade into the bathroom.. and the hurt looks if I should happen to close the door on any of the three of them. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...