Monday, March 24, 2008

Yay for Denny Again!

I was walking back towards the rig when I saw Denny standing there with a big grin on his face. "I think I found our turn signal problem", he said. I guided Denny back to the trailer hitch where he hooked up the power cord to the truck. I went to the rear of the trailer to watch for the turn signals. Nothing. I raised one eyebrow (the sarcastic one) and waited. Denny then tried turning on the truck and trying the signals. Nothing. Up with the eyebrow again. Back to the bed of the truck, insert the power cord more firmly in the socket, try the turn signals. Left okay, then right. Yes! We have a right turn signal and brake light again!

It seems that Denny was checking our propane tank levels and happened to glance at the bumper of the truck and noticed a wiring harness hanging down with what appears to be one loose wire swinging free. Guess where that wire led? Whew. I could free the frustration level go down instantly. No more trying to find someone to fix it and having to pay outrageous service fees. A fix that's easy and free. I don't know what jarred the wiring loose so that it was hanging down enough for us to see it (although the interior roads of the campground are pretty rough) but Denny is going to secure it up under the bed and we should be good to go come Sunday. Woot!

I always tell Denny to try the easy solutions first, but not being truck mechanics we had no idea there was yet another wiring harness involved in all this since the Ford mechanic apparently had to add another harness when he moved the plug from the rear bumper area to the sidewall of the truck bed. Things that make you go hmmm......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...