Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Tortoise and the Hare Cat

Patches has spent the week discovering the burrows of the three gopher tortoises that live in the brush across the driveway from our campsite. Of course, they all disappear into their holes as soon as she gets anywhere close to them and she tries to follow right down the hole too, like a furry Alice in Wonderland. Yesterday, she found this little box turtle who was more her size.



My apologies for the poor quality of the video--it lost something in the translation by Blogger/Google. Which is especially frustrating when I've been trying to upload this since yesterday morning.

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

I think the video came out good. I love how she is trying to trick that turtle. "Look, I'm a turtle too, see I eat grass. And I just want to be your friend. No, I swear, I'd never use you as a kitty hockey puck." LOL!

Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

How adorable... I just love these sorts of videos and could watch them for hours. :-). What a sweetie she is .. and what fun to have a new playmate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...