Saturday, August 16, 2008

Home From The Hospital

I was able to bring my mother home from the hospital, to the relief of both of us. Of course, the first thing she did was grab a cigarette, contrary to doctor's orders, but she did do without the evening cocktail which is now also verboten. Mom was hungry enough to eat a good-sized (for her) portion of spaghetti with meat sauce and then she went to bed for a few hours and actually slept.

This morning we went over her new pill routine, writing it all down because I've noticed there's still a slight fog over her brain. After breakfast the drill sergeant (me) made the poor little old lady (Mom) do her balance exercises as recommended by the physical therapist and now she's resting on the couch. I'm such a meanie. I think Mom will be glad when I return to my own home. However, with upcoming doctors' appointments that won't be until Wednesday and by then we'll both be glad to be shut of each other. (It's a colloquialism, Coll). In the meantime, Denny is stuck with doing all the painting at his father's house and I'm feeling guilty about that.

For right now, the goal is to get Mom back in shape to live independently for her own benefit and because Myrtle Beach is calling my name. Working on it.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...