Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pathetic


How sad is it when the highlight of your day is the fact that the cat peed into a totally empty litter box so you could gather a urine sample for testing? Sigh. Still having issues with inappropriate litter habits; perhaps I should just leave the empty box there without any litter in it at all since she climbed in to use it that way.

Yesterday we took a break from the house painting chores to run up to Kettering for a dental appointment for me and a chiropractic adjustment for Denny. We spent the remainder of the afternoon with my mother so I could see how she's doing. She's gone back to having her afternoon "cocktail" so I'm assuming she'll be starting that slow downward spiral again, preferring cigarettes and booze to eating properly. As my sister-in-law says: "it will be what it will be". And we will deal with it.

Today we should be able to get all the finishing touches in the dining room done so that we can start to work on painting the main hallway. We've decided on the wood tone for the Pergo flooring (walnut), another carpet installer is coming Monday (on Labor Day no less) for a cost estimate on carpet since it seems the berber we chose is now outdated and California berber (a short shag, shudder!) is in. Plush it is!

I think Denny and I have pretty much decided that we need and deserve a month at Myrtle Beach when this is all over and one of our favorite campgrounds now has a discounted monthly price in November so that's what we're aiming for. Friends Don and Vicki will be down there for a couple of weeks and I can't think of a better way to relax than being at the beach with old friends. And at the beach, it's ALWAYS 5 o'clock!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...