Thursday, June 23, 2005

Seeing some of Sequim

Mornings before breakfast we like to take a walk. Okay, let me rephrase that; I like to take a walk and I drag Denny with me kicking and screaming. But today we split off as I wanted to tackle the .6 mile downhill trek to Diamond Point Bay. Downhill is fine with Denny, it's the uphill he dislikes. And this was seriously uphill on the way back. But as the pictures show, I not only got to see the rocky beach, but I chanced upon a young buck feeding by the side of the road and was treated to a display of flowers that looked like fire crackers to me. However, once up that hill is enough!

After a brief recuperation period, we decided to take the Dungeness Scenic driving loop and drive through the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge. This would be the neatest place to go horseback riding as the park is left in a very natural state with lots of narrow trails. The roadway to the park ends at Dungeness Spit, where you can walk 5.5 miles to the New Dungeness Light Station National Historic Site. We chose to take a picture of it from the driving loop as an eleven mile roundtrip walk to see a lighthouse would be pushing Denny a bit much. Ha. It was a glorious day in Washington as we had sunshine and deep blue skies; somehow when the norm is overcast skies it really makes you appreciate sunshine so much more.

Denny's sister Connie e-mailed us last night talking about Ohio's 90 degree temperatures and high humidity. I must say, Washington is looking better and better to us as a place with year-round moderate temperatures. It sure is pricey here though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...