Friday, December 30, 2005

Back in Ohio

Love those audio books as they make a seven hour drive go by quickly. Denny drove really, really slowly down the last street before reaching my mom's house as the final CD wasn't finished, but we still have a couple of chapters to finish. But that was almost fourteen total hours of driving time for one book. We always like to listen to an audio book if we have to make a cross-country journey to get back to Ohio, whether we do it in one stretch or over several days.

Before we leave there's just one more medical test for me (the dreaded after-age-50- colonoscopy) and a visit to the ear/nose/throat doctor for my mom. She received word while we were in New York that the growth the dermatologist removed from her forehead about ten days ago is indeed cancerous, but she and I both knew it would be as we have both had areas of basal cell carcenoma removed from our faces. But she would have just continued to slap a bandage over the growth instead of having it dealt with if I hadn't come home. I assume she'll have a Mohs' procedure done, so I'll see that she has a friend go with her as we'll be back in Arizona by the time the doctor's office finally schedules the surgery sometime in late January or early February. But she told us tonight that she has finally learned that she has to take better care of herself and her own health, which was a relief to hear since we'll be leaving in a few days. That makes us feel a little better as I think she finally means it. I guess that would make a pretty good New Year's resolution for all of us, right?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely new look!!

Norman said...

I wish I had a way to mail stuff to you. I have two audio books that I've finished listening to. **Geee*** maybe now you'll have to come visit me in Amarillo to pick them up..

Actually - I really do have two that you are welcome to.. The first is called "The Killing Hour" and it's an FBI Thriller about a serial killer that is *trying* to get caught... The second is Michael Crichton's "The Andromedia Strain". I drive 75 miles a day to work in back, and I love the audio books!! It really breaks the monotony, and then I don't have to listen to myself sing to 80's music. Let me know if you want them, and we can figure out a way to get them to you.

Norm~!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...