Sunday, December 11, 2005

The best laid plans...

Our intent yesterday was to work on putting a second coat of Kilz in Mom's bedroom and to take down and wash the blinds after breakfast. Not to be, as a small disaster in the form of a plugged kitchen sink, caustic chemicals and a drain hose that came loose under the dishwasher all combined to make a long, long messy morning that threw off our plans for the rest of the day. By early afternoon we had the blinds washed and drying in the basement and had started painting in the bedroom but after a short while we just said "screw it" and cleaned up the brushes and rollers and put it away for the day as we'd had enough.

So it is once again Sunday, our goof-off day, and soon the TV will be turned on for Denny to watch a plethora of sports and I'll grab a paperback to indulge in a bit of fantasy. Tomorrow we drop off Mom's new/used van to have a windshield washer pump replaced and then I'll take her to the dermatologist to have that possible/probable skin cancer looked at. Wednesday is her appointment with the cardiologist to go over test results and then we're done with her doctors for a while. I have a feeling that we won't be given a solid reason for the nose bleeds and high blood pressure, but at least the nose bleed incidents caused Mom to have some tests done that she's been avoiding.

It's snowing again today, but since we have no errand running to do I can appreciate and enjoy the snowfall. I think it might be time to go make some Christmas cookies...

2 comments:

Norman said...

I love goof-off days!

I wasn't able to have one today though. I had to make a dinner for 15 people. but first, I had to clean my house top to bottom, finish decorating, and try to figure out what the hell went wrong with my tree (it won't light up on the bottom anymore).

Never got the tree working again - but the baked ham was great - the kids had fun, and I didn't have to talk to my Mother in Law ! BONUS!! (She was there -I just dodged her all night long! HA!)

RVVagabond said...

Norm, the advantage of living in a 400 sq.ft. rig is that cleaning top-to-bottom takes no more than a 1/2 hour working slowly and 15 people would be fed and entertained outside only. Which is the best place for a mother-in-law--heh. Of course, I'm getting my comeuppence here at my mother's house as she literally hasn't cleaned in over a year; I'm working on finding out why she's given up in that sense. At age 72 and in basically good health there's no reason for that. Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...